My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Easiest tomatoes..

From the Royal Tasmanian Botanic Gardens website...

Spring Plant Sale 2014 is on Saturday 20th of September between 10.00am and 3.00pm. 

This year we have over 110 varieties of heirloom tomatoes for sale.
More than half are varieties that we have not grown before.
Most of these are suitable for a early cool growing area.

The Friends of the Gardens plant sale has become so popular that last year significant lines were forming more than an hour prior to the gates opening.  In an effort to reduce the waiting times and allow more people an opportunity to choose from our tomatoes, the Gardens are hosting a prelude sale on the Thursday before the main plant sale. 

With our professional horticultural staff on hand to answer your tomato questions, this event is open between 11:00 – 4:00PM on Thursday the 18th of September. This year the tomato seedlings will be $5. Anyone can access this pre-sale event with a $10 donation to the Gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!