My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Dinner..

With a piece of Stripey Trumpeter sitting in front of me, i feel like a healthy
wet fish dish, carb free!
Thanks to a couple of bonus fish wings, i have the makings of a quick stock.
Time to put on my thinking cap.
After a quick look in the fridge, I've decided to saute fennel, tomato, leek, ginger, carrot,
saffron, sweetcorn, spices, then pop in the stock, wing meat & season.
Easy, ten minutes later it's ready to rock n roll.
The piece of Stripey is panfried separately in coconut oil until the skin is crispy,
now it's just a matter of popping it on top of the broth.
Generally I'd add a rouille or aioli on the fish skin, tonight laziness has won out,
I've opted for fine herbes & fried garlic chips-Still yummy thou!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!