My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Autumn smoothie..

Brr it’s chilly.. my daily smoothie needs to be tweaked otherwise it’s too much of a body coolant, and that’s a problem.

Smoothie

Recently i splashed out & purchased a smoothie maker online. My poor vitamiser was being hammered, not coping with processing a small glass of liquid plus fruits & vegetables of all varying textures, I was slowly killing it!

A month on & i am totally impressed, it’s fabulous. Another added bonus, it grinds up whole flaxseeds to a wonderfully fine powder, making them an easy addition to foods & drinks. With holidays on the agenda this Winter, i plan to pack my water filter jug & smoothie maker- Chlorinated water & a lack of vital nutrients is always a problem when i travel. Yah i think i finally have a solution.

Back to today’s smoothie, it is a funky blend of: Beetroot, carrot, silver beet, mizuna, parsley, yoghurt, flaxseed, ginger, garlic, strawberries, Echinacea, chilli & apple juice. Now this may sound a little crazy but the combo of beetroot, chilli & strawberry is so dominating, and sweet, that the other ingredients just add a depth of flavour and it definitely boosts my slightly dodgy immune system. It’s also slightly addictive, every day I can’t wait for my arvo smoothie & homemade Bliss balls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!