My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Thursday, December 5, 2013

slugs!*#

This year is a nightmare with garden slugs in plague proportions, 
possibly due to the extended rains.
My usual tricks of beer traps, coffee grounds, crushed egg shells 
and night time raids, has reduced the population somewhat, but they're relentless.

New strategies include putting out glass jars of used loose teas. 
The slugs crawl in, but then you have to relocate the jars while its still dark.

My most successful trick to date, has been glass jars with a scattering of coarse polenta,
 lie the open jar on it's side & whammo they can't resist.
The population is definately reducing, which is just as well, 
as the chooks refuse to eat them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!