My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Waffles

Cruising at the tip shop we stumbled on a vintage waffle maker. Well they say if you snooze you lose, and we did; possibly too much thought was going into that purchase. The last waffle press i came across was in a Forster/Tuncurry disposal camping shop in the late 80's; they're quite rare. Luckily, at home i have an electric maker collecting dust, should be fun working out just where thou!

With too many eggs in my kitchen, I'm looking to stretch myself from the usual healthy egg hungry recipes i rotate around. The girls are def on fire, so to speak, pumping out a minimum of 5 eggs a day, i had no idea Bantams were such consistent layers. It's also a good excuse to drag out one of my favourite cookbooks, the Roux brothers patisserie. Generally their recipes are too rich, time consuming and complicated for a snack at home. Back to my organic waffles.. Of course I've fiddled with the recipe adding lemon rind, some yogurt instead of all milk and melted organic coconut oil instead of butter. But the end result is stunning & they can easily be popped in a toaster straight from the freezer, for a snack, with a smear of my super terrific crab apple jelly..yummo!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!