My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Buddhism lectures in Cygnet..

On Friday night I attended the second public talk by Dr Sonam Thakchoe, from 
UTAS School of Philosophy.
 I was away for the first one in June, so I wasn't sure what to expect.

With a healthy turnout on this chilly night in Cygnet plus the heating in the Supper Room living up to it's 'not very hot' reputation, I make myself comfy for our initial 30 min meditation.
 Dr Thakchoe gently brings us back into the room and introduces tonight's topic: The Ways of Mindful Living; we are also given a handout, so we can easily follow the discussion. 
Half an hour in and I'm feeling this is something really special. 
Dr Thakchoe has such a lovely way with words, simply articulating this complex vast subject. His wisdom on how to incorporate mindfulness into our daily life is explained so clearly, I feel really inspired. But then again he is a philosopher...Lucky UTAS!!

The two hours pass in a flash, I look around & see how happy and satisfied everyone
is with tonight's talk. Plus we've been able to ask plenty of questions during this informal session; I'm guessing we'll all be back for his next talk.
Interested in Buddhist Philosopy..DON'T MISS SEPTEMBER'S TALK..


 Fri Sept 20, 2013:
Egoism and Self-esteem

Fri Oct 18, 2013:
Love and Attachments

Fri Nov 15, 2013:
Anger and Patience

Fri Dec 20, 2013:
Courage and Fear
 
TIME: 6 .30pm – 8.30pm
WHERE: Cygnet Supper Room *Upstairs from side entry of Cygnet Town Hall 
FREE ENTRY- Gold coin donations kindly accepted to help cover costs.

For all the details, plus more..
Picture & some info taken from the above website.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!