My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

eggs#!

Today the girls laid 6 eggs, each day we're averaging at least 3. I'm so impressed!! The four younger 'trainee' hens have just started to lay, and taken to it with gusto-They're producing such tiny cute eggs..

Our brekky staples usually rotate around poached, scrambled, omelettes & fritttatas.

But there's just so many eggs..So I've been digging deep and having some fun; baked savoury ricotta cake, ricotta hot cakes, baked custards, muffins, green tomato lasagna & loads of fresh pastas have been pumping out of my kitchen. Not a bad effort since the inside oven has broken down, I'm mainly using the weber and caravan oven!! It's def giving me a culinary workout!.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!