My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Sunnybank

This week we took the junior crew out for Vietnamese at Sunnybank or the real China town, as I've been told.

There's so much choice, choosing where to eat can be a long process; eventually we settled on Pho Hung in Market Square.
Our lunch of wonton noodle soups, cold rolls and bubble drinks for the girls was excellent.
A must look while in the square is the massive Yuen's Grocer for any type of Asian goods plus their separate fresh fish cold room is impressive. The girls were in heaven with the fishy smells and warwicks of colourful fishes..brr..but it was cold!

Today we zipped back out to Sunnybank to try Parkland Restaurant for a Sunday yum cha. We gave their egg tarts (dan tats) the big thumbs up as the best since Hong Kong. The food was really good, on tap and very reasonably priced..the girls ate till they dropped and loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!