My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Monday, June 17, 2013

Suburban gardening..

The house I'm currently sitting in Adelaide's western suburbs has a glorious compact & very productive garden. Each night i pick green leafy treats to make dinner vital & suppress huge pangs of envy at their monster lemongrass crop! I'm also pretty impressed by how many of my friends are on solar, with their electricity bills in credit. But then SA has always had one of the best buy back rates in the country. The other great initiative which i wish was adopted Aussie wide, is the 10 cent drink can/ bottle/carton refund- Reading a can it appears NT do too.. You can't help but notice the absence of this type of rubbish on the streets, with any discarded bottles etc instantly picked up by people that could prob do with a few extra dollars in their empty pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!