My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Russell needs U?

Russell ‘Bantam’ Crowe is looking for a new place to call home & maybe a few lovely ladies to look after. I have too many Bantam Roosters, for breeding, per ratio of hens so some need to go. They’re good looking boys so I don’t fancy giving them the chop. It’s hard working out which ones to move on, he would be a good breeder with his lovely colourings.

image Russell has a nice gentle placid nature, comes quickly to ‘chookers’ calling, is happy to be picked up & loves being hand fed. (good for the kids) He follows me around the garden & is use to hanging out with a dog all day; there’s no escaping Zuki!

Bantams, in my limited experience, are quite sociable & love snuggling up & being in a group. They’re also quite quirky chooks with their antics and interested in everything you do. image

It’s like having a group shadow. They follow me while day time free-ranging & work out that I’m eating lunch long before the dog. Oh & they don’t eat a huge amount if their night abode is cosy-warm..

Email me if you’re interested, he has only just started crowing as it took me till late May to work out he was a boy!

2 comments:

  1. Haha our rooster is also called Russell Crowe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seemed like an obvious choice to me too, my rocking frizzle had to also be Freddie Mercury!

    ReplyDelete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!