My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Mt Gravatt markets

Today I visited the Mt Gravatt Sunday markets to help a friend with her weekly fruit & veggie shop.

For this time of day the market is really packed; it's cold for QLD too. There's everything here although some of the produce quality is a bit hit and miss. Having said that the diversity of Asian goods is staggering but Organics seem a bit thin on the ground- Or perhaps they're not freely advertised here! One surprise is the variety of fruits in season,eggplants, galangal, fresh turmeric and all those tropical specialties that seem so exciting when you're from a Southern state.

Anyway we've succeeded in our mission and Missy L got up close and personal with a couple of prize chooks. Time to head back to base for brekky pancakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!