My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Brekky.

Lately we've been enjoying The little Paris kitchen series. I lov her vintage fashions but also that she squeezes out restaurant quality food from her tiny Parisian apartment.
Today we reworked her Croque Madame muffin for Brekky- Omitted the stodgy bechamel!

Here's what we did...
First butter the outside slice of some yummy white bread and pop it into a coffee cup. Next add Ziggys ham, dash of green tomato passata, grated European cheese, crack a bantam egg into it & season. Pop into a hot oven for 15-18 mins. Turn out or eat in the cup..Yummy!

*Do cut off the crust, we couldn't agree on this, and i forgot the basil!
But honestly you could rework this dish to suit your garden larder..photo is pre-cooked version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!