My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Friday, June 21, 2013

Adelaide's Central Market..

Hands down one of the best things about Adelaide is their Central Market. Over the years it's also slowly embraced an ever expanding and really dynamic Chinatown- Which is doubling in size nearly every year.

But I love that its still got the same grungy setup as it had in the 70's. There's been calls over the years to bling it up, to the horror of locals, but if it ain't broke why fix it..

This trip I've noticed loads of positive changes. The food stalls are evolving becoming even more artisan produce based & localised. There are also more groovy stalls to chow down in while sitting amongst the hustle & bustle.

Yesterday i strolled around it for the last time this trip, with a hint of nostalgia kicking in. Then come PM Liz & i hit Chinatown. Funny it was freezing by Adelaide standards, (not for a Tasmanian) but the joint was humming..and was loads of fun.

Do yourself a favour, when visiting Adelaide put it top of your must do list. To get there just hop on a tram to Victoria Square..The next stop for me today is Brisbane..hope it's warmish!!!

2 comments:

  1. My most favourite place - ever! I miss it so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Def with you on that one, and one thing i hear all expat SA foodies say!

      Delete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!