My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Saturday, May 4, 2013

MYU | EASY BITES

The Hobart food scene seems to be getting more exciting & innovative all the time. 
I have scribbled a list of groovy dining spots to try & can't wait to check them all out.
The first is only two minutes from our doggie sitting gig- Handy since it's freezing outside!

From the minute we wandered into MYU, it was obvious that this crew was professional. The atmosphere was efficient, unpretentious & there was a glorious aroma wafting from their tiny open kitchen. MYU is a small venue so we were lucky to get a table without a booking. Unfortunately for us the specials & Mapo tofu were sold out but they still had a host of other creative dishes on offer. The menu was well proportioned with 8 Entrees and 8 Mains. Since it was a paper copy I wondered how often they change their menu. Back to our dinner, it was a hard choosing, the descriptions all sounded so excellent. 
Our meals definitely did not disappoint, I loved my spicy beef, octopus & mushroom ragu with bao bun. Mr. B also lapped up his Beef Rendang with classical accompaniments. The serves were hearty, well balanced & impressive- As was the friendly attentive service. 

Basically we loved MYU... it buzzed me back to traditional Malay street food which can be hard to find in these parts- I can't wait to go back...

But hey why not make up your own mind..P.S. Don't forget to book!!

MYU-EASY BITES is at 2/93 New Town Rd, New Town.
Opening hours: Wed-Saturday 5.30pm-8pm. Phone: 6228 7777
www.facebook.com/myueasybites
(Fully Licensed)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!