My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Basil in May!

My basil is just hanging in there. The trick in Tassie is to plant the last seeds late ( Jan) behind another big potted plant for shelter. Then pop in a sunny North facing warm spot & in this case i had a dark shade cloth blind behind it!
You gotta be happy with that..

2 comments:

  1. I have crazy sunflowers (self sown from this season - March) and because they are sheltered and the weather has been so unseasonably mild they haven't been hit by frost yet and are over a foot tall! Everyday I see them and it is still blowing me away. Next to them we have a cherry tomato that is still FLOWERING! It's been a very funny mild autumn that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been an incredible Autumn, i still have ripe cumquats on the bush, in front of the basil. I haven't had any luck with growing sunflowers here..most prob the pademelons would chomp them anyway! But they are one of my most favourite flowers..

    ReplyDelete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!