My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Today

was action packed & gusting like a banshee!

P3120061 Maren, our latest super duper helper working hard around the block; She’s our first visitor from Germany and she’s loving the country lifestyle.

imageZuki’s babies are growing fast & have now progressed to the herb garden. It’s looking like there’s four of each sex.

imageOur driveway from hell is finally being excavated, I just couldn’t cope with getting stuck half way any longer.

image 

imageThis is what you’re left with when a previous owner, with the best intentions, concretes the driveway one bag of cement at a time. It wasn’t properly prepared or laid and cracked-dislodged piece by piece. What a waste of time & resources, it took two hours to excavate it. I’m not keen to dump it so we’ll have to incorporate the rubble into some landscaping.

Tomorrow promises to be action packed, with two full days left to complete the first phase of the driveway.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ali, I am trying to increase my internet-communication-knowledge. Right now: how to post a comment !
    I'm glad to have found you by the visit of my daughter Maren, which now stays with you. I'm fascinated about Tasmania and the way of your style of living, like it.
    excuse my english, I'm not perfect!
    Greetings from Germany (it'S cold now, brrrr)
    Heinz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heinz,
    Welcome. It's been really lovely having Maren stay, althou she's feeling cold today because it's 16 degrees, an unexpected cool Autumn day, but finally it rains- We've had a dry hot Summer! We do enjoy a very natural earthy lifestyle in Tasmania, very sustainable. Maren tells me it's a very cold Winter in Germany this year..Thanks for leaving a comment.cheers..

    ReplyDelete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!