My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

This week..

was busy but a lot of fun.

P3040035-003

Zuki’s babies got moved from their mini enclosure to my larger herb garden; they followed me around the yard like a a pied piper, lucky no Goshawks were in sight!

On Sunday Kels & I headed to the Kingston Rotary market which has relocated from the library car park to near Woolies. In my opinion it’s not a good move, so we bailed & headed to greener pastures, namely the new Flourish Handmade Market in Newtown. Only held every third month, it was a gem & we had a wicked time. I wished I’d been here earlier, I would have participated in one of their handmade workshops. Their next market will be held on 2nd June 10-2pm in the Scout Hall, 245 New Town Road- They’re are on facebook!

P2260001 This week I also found myself with three hours to kill in Hobart & embarked on a serious window shopping walk to check out what’s hot around town & get some exercise. Well it didn’t take long to get lost in Art Rage Gallery, 44 Bathurst st. OMG, this space ROCKS!! Retro, recycled, up cycled or whatever, it’s all here. I loved it & didn’t escape without buying a massive English Retro Woolly cardy on a 30+ degree day!

P2240248

Back in the Valley & feeling like I prob should spend some dollars locally, I wandered into Near & Far in Cygnet. With a recent change in ownership, the shop has def had a rebirth. I was quickly head down into the sale basket out front & found a couple of fair trade groovy textiles to wear. However what really ‘floated my boat’ was their handmade carry bag from the Cygnet classifieds..what a top idea, full marks to the friendly & helpful Near & Far crew. 

After such a busy week I need to cool off with a swim; when it’s over 30 I always swim. With a whole stretch of beach to ourselves & Zuki playing fetch, it was divine..UNTIL a car load turned up with three out of control dogs. The largest was aggressive & in a flash headed straight for Zuki, who is clueless when it comes to anger. The dog owner wasn’t capable of controlling this dog, so after separating ourselves from it, we decided to leave & anyway they didn’t seem to give a FIG!! Irresponsible dog owners that ruin it for everyone, it’s just my pet hate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!