My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Sunday, February 24, 2013

a local wander

On the weekend we took a leisurely drive around the other side of the river. And happened to stumble on a newish? caravan park just out of Huonville- It looks so inviting & down to earth.

The Huon Valley caravan park is a working farm complete with veggie patch, apple orchards, cows, sheep, chickens, goats, pigs & Badge the working dog. Being situated on the junction of the Mountain & Huon River you can kayak into Huonville or it’s an easy bike ride there as well. The farm sounds quite interactive as you’re able to watch food preserving, bacon smoking or cheese making at certain times. Throw a campfire into the mix plus Fido is welcome, I couldn’t have been prouder of this latest tourist venture and felt like bringing the tent around to stay.

image

After our drive, with hunger threatening to make me cranky, it was time for a pit-stop at Nirvana Indian cafe in Huonville. Ah..how long has this been open? Lunch was simple with good flavours, the Naan was cooked to order in their Tandoori oven. They also didn’t miss a beat with providing me with a nut & seed free curry, (always a pain) and it was yummy too. The only down side was eating on a very small plate with a plastic fork. We had a lovely chat with the Chef after, it was a hot day so he wasn’t busy. Pity a curry on a hot day is always quite refreshing..oh & it’s open Mon-Sat lunch & dinner which is a first down here in the Huon for a cafe. Let’s hope they do well..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!