My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Concert at Palais..

There is a benefit concert for the Tasmanian Bushfires 2013 Appeal at the Franklin Palais on Thursday 17 January at 7pm.

The concert features ‘Horse and Wood’ who are the remarkable Bukhu Ganburged, horse-head fiddle player and virtuoso of Mongolian harmonic overtone throat singing and John Robinson, one of Australia’s leading exponents of the Arabic Oud ("the wood" in Arabic). Together they combine in a unique fusion of galloping Mongolian rhythms, sparkling harmonic singing, and the warm, evocative nuances of the oud, and other exotic strings- I didn’t get the chance to see them @ the Cygnet folk festival but heard it was amazing!!

The benefit concert also features a one-off performance (or perhaps the first of a stellar career) from the Huon Valley All-stars, brought together for the occasion by talented multi-instrumentalist Terry Mead. The Huon Valley All-stars promise a Latin love affair, a bit of jazz, a bit of blues and a night to remember.

The concert is at 7 pm, for a 7.30 start, on Thursday 17 January at the Franklin Palais. Entry is only $10 (concession $7) although we will accept more. Food and drinks will be available and all proceeds will go to the Red Cross Tasmanian Bushfires 2013 Appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!