My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Saturday, December 15, 2012

first venture out..

The three baby Grey Shrike-thrushes have grown extremely fast & now have a good coat of feathers. They’ve just hopped out the nest for the first time while we were working right next to them, and practised a bit of low level flying with their mum. image

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What a relief. Last night we found a domestic cat complete with collar & bell stalking around not far from their shed nest. Zuki & I chased it off. We have a zero tolerance to feral cats, or any cat, wandering around in the country at night. It’s not uncommon to see feral cats as big as our dog around here. The last statistic I heard was cats are responsible for killing a million native animals per year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!