My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Polly

Photo0097

With a flurry of white curly fur, she dashes into her house

We’re welcomed with her trademark enthusiasm and wild jumping circles

Quickly she whips around and ushers out the big black silly dog

How dare he be inside!

Photo0091

The first doggie visit was filled with all sorts of teething problems

Polly is aggressive and has him pinned in a corner of the yard

Zuki’s big brown eyes are filled with panic and fear

But hang on, this could be the beginning of a really great game

He jumps to higher ground her little legs cannot reach

‘Bet you can’t catch me, his wagging tail says’

Three visits later, their friendship is finally forged

Photo0092 Polly peacefully passed away at home on Friday afternoon

It was totally out of the blue and took everyone by surprise

We’ll miss her terrier antics, we each had our own special bonds

I wonder if Zuki will look for her, when we next visit?

Losing a pet is like losing a member of your family

I hope her human family are doing ok

It’s certainly going to be quiet around there, without Polly dog..

R.I.P Polly Smolly!!

2 comments:

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!