and done that…
Hurrah, I’m finally back in my organic paradise & not a moment too soon- The pollution, food & tap water were driving me crazy plus making me sick!
The good, bad & the ugly.
- What’s with the crazy bogon fashion, fluoro tights & tops I don’t ever remember seeing in the 80’s.
- Ah but the T2 teashop display gave way to some serious teapot envy. I was mesmerised- T2 opening in Hobart in August, I was told.
- Portuguese egg tarts..yum, yum & triple yum.
- I scampered around the city streets; some would call it jay walking. Only later to be told it’s a $100+ fine if caught- And it is policed!
- I also squeezed across the railway crossing walkway just as the buzzer & gate was shutting. “Oh that’s a $200 fine,” my mate who had been pinged recently remarked.
- Soo cheap and delicious, there was fresh sushi at every turn.
- I drove around Brisbane like a champion, following my nose; It’s amazing how quickly the driving aggression kicks back in.
- When not driving, I hopped on & off the excellent public transport system. Loved the bus tunnels & frequent transit centres. Somehow I came home with 4 go cards??
- Hunted for elusive city op-shops only finding two selling labels, designer wear & surprisingly Winter coats. What a score for $30!
- Woolongabba is now ‘trendy’ complete with vintage cars, cafes, antique and retro shops.
- Said goodbye to Frankie & Mukh dogs..
- Finally I treasured the amount of time I spend with friends including my very best most gorgeous friend & her two feisty lil girls who showered me with unconditional love & affection. One things for sure, I’ll be back for more of that very very soon! They’re growing up way too quickly!!
Oh & what a shock to return home to sunshine & almost flowering bulbs..what’s the heck has happened to Winter?? Seriously thou it’s great to be back, I’m already feeling the benefits of fresh air, rain water & home cooked organics..YUM, life doesn’t get any better than this but sometimes you just need to go away to appreciate it all the more!!