My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Saturday, August 18, 2012

a cool read..

I’m a huge fan of Haruki Murakami, Japan’s most successful writer. His Wind up Bird Chronicle, is my all time favourite book. Murakami’s books are addictive, transporting you to another dimension and universe. They have a magical hypnotic quality, totally mesmerising you in his unique imagination. (1Q84..Book one & two sold over a million copies in it’s first month) So I was pretty excited to find these two in my friends bookshelf in Brisbane- I managed to read them in under 3 days; there wasn’t much sleep going on!

image from: fishpond.com.au

Image from: fishpond.com.au

The Tassie state library has most of Murakami’s books..

2 comments:

  1. Nothing better than finding a new book.
    Welcome home! It's great to travel but coming back to your house and garden is fab.
    Have a nice Sunday
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris, it bizarre that I need to come home to recover from having a holiday. It seems I have found the perfect place to live- Nurturing & healthy!

    ReplyDelete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!