My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

things don’t always go to plan..

..even with the best intentions!

Day 2 & thereabouts: I’ve jumped into the car & am driving on the Motorway heading to the Sunshine Coast Hinterland via a GPS. A country house sit awaits with a couple of nice, I hope, doggies thrown in. One & half hours later further down the road, fatigue is setting in, I’ve almost arrived. Driving past gorgeous palatial mansions with manicured gardens, I round the final bend and SURPRISE…my house sit looks like a tip shop. Bugger!

Tentatively I step inside hoping for the best, only to be confronted by what I’ve only ever seen on TV shows, and none of it’s good.  The ‘working’ dogs greet me and are welcoming, friendly but in need of some outside time for ablutions- They’ve been using the house! So what to do? Three hours later I’ve cleaned/sterilised the kitchen, brought in supplies, but my backpack is most definitely remaining in the car for the time being. Sleep doesn’t come easy that night, I can hear mice and that tiny bug I hate in QLD has infested the house, YUK I hate cockroaches!!! Who knows what’s in the bed & as for the pillow, there’s no way my head is settling anywhere near that..

With no sleep I’m exhausted but resolved to get the f##k out of here, right now!!! Even with my fanatical kitchen hygiene I’ve gotten very sick today, plus I’m having an allergic reaction to something here, could be anything, there’s a supermarket of choices. An hour later I burn rubber as I head to a local B&B. Two hours later I am showered and tucked up in bed on a soft, clean bouncy pillow. THANK GOD..is all I can say & NEVER AGAIN!!!

2 comments:

  1. Well I could not have been MORE WRONG about my optimistic comment yesterday. This is like something out of a movie!What are you going to do???

    ReplyDelete
  2. The B&B owners have really been so kind, generous & nurturing- Above & beyond. It's nice to get a lil something back for a change! Am heading to Brisbane tomorrow to stay with my two very best friends who I haven't seen for ages. Phew!!

    ReplyDelete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!