My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Jan Power’s Farmers market

Brisbane City, at the Bridge end of the Queen St Mall. Every Wed 10am to 6pm..plus various other locations on different days.

What an innovative inner city market with truckloads of yummy things around every row. Loads & loads of stalls plus hoards of people! It was seriously a bit overwhelming at times!

Noosa Chocolate Factory.
Rocky Road to die for!

Above: The fabulous Noosa Chocolate Factory with towers of sweet smelling Rocky Roads. I was mesmerised by their variety, attention to detail & stylised presentation.

P7180113 P7180112
P7180111
French Sin..OMG! Boulangerie, Fromage,
Patisserie, Charcuterie & loads more. The stall looked straight out of Gay Parie & the staff were decidedly French. One of the best Chocolate Butter croissants ever, plus full marks for their stall presentation!

 

Summary: Mainly produce stalls, geared to the city professional, including lots of fruit, veggie, organic produce then coffee, honey, fruit smoothies, ice-creams, muesli’s, nuts, pasta, jams, pastries, cup cakes, wild hot food & sweeties- By the bucket load. I had an interesting & tasty cornish pasty, but it’s almost impossible to knock South Australia off that pedestal & they didn’t, sorry!

My only complaint..a lack of well thought out public seating; the crowds made it uncomfortable to hang around too long. I generally love people watching, but not in Brisbane, everyone’s too protective of their own personal space. However it was a cool surprise to see a market, bang in the centre of the city- I’ll def be back.

Jan Power's farmers market

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!