My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Thursday, June 28, 2012

rough bush plant bOrders..

 Well if there's one thing I have in abundance here, is wood..
Today I tentatively tried to fence off my iris, from the marauding well loved local wildlife. 
Every morning I come out to find huge holes, a snoot wide, dug by my elusive echidna population, usually on Jack Jumper nests. So there's no complaints here!! 
It's a bit cold for outside work, so this border is just a mini test. But now I'm ticking over about cutting them to size & doing wood borders en mass around the 'yard'.
Ye gads, gardening is just never ending, it's such a creative pursuit!!
Unfortunately as soon as a camera appears, so does the posing Border Collie
He's quite the kooky dog!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how sweet is your dog!? It's making me miss my one. your boy is so cute! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a wild dog, playful, extremely enthusiastic & loves helping me in the garden..i dig a hole, he digs one next to me!

      Delete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!