My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

persimmons..

P6140014

 I love persimmons!

The other day while walking in Hobart, I spotted a full & gorgeous persimmon tree. By this time the trees have dropped all their leaves & the bare branches are left with heavy bright fruits, it’s a sight to behold. Anyway, I just couldn’t resist, so I door knocked & the home owner let me pick a few.

These were the astringent variety, when ripe the flesh gets soft & gooey; they’ll make an amazing ice-cream. Now I can’t wait to plant a tree at home, previously I wasn’t sure if they could cope with the climate here..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!