My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Mah-jong anyone??

P6010197 Last Wednesday, I squealed with delight when I found a vintage Mah-Jong set for sale at Stuf & Co in Hobart. I've long been keen to learn, so when I found a local group playing on Monday nights, off I trotted- And boy does it get the brain working!!

Marianne runs the group & with enough people on deck there are options for other games. Canasta, scrabble, cribbage & bridge are just a few that gamers are up for. Personally I’m a big fan of canasta & would love to see other people join in, so I could swing a hand or two with them. Bridge cottage has new efficient heating, so it’s a fun warm  Winter’s night out & all are welcome- So far it’s an all female affair, not sure why??

When: Monday’s @ 7.30-10pm Bridge Cottage in Burton’s Reserve, Cygnet. 
Cost: $4 to cover room hire, tea & bikkies.

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I used to play and we still have a set.
    I'd love to get back into ths game. It is great fun.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised how much good sets are fetching online, they are very hard to come by. It really does get you ticking over & with so many variations of the game, you never know what an opponent is up to!!

      Delete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!