My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Thursday, May 17, 2012

more second hand

It’s time, to de-clutter my living spaces, I’m over it! But it just feels soo hard to part with my cherished antiques; I come from a family of mild hoarders so letting go can be a personal challenge. But the funny thing is..sending off my treasures to new homes, is actually loads of fun. I’ve had a hoot, meeting many interesting characters and then there’s a deep sense of release by letting go of the old.

P5180171 So my next step is scouring the online classifieds for ‘new’ second hand treasures & a day of antique shop hopping all the way into Hobart. One week on and it’s mission accomplished, with a Blackwood dining table, chairs, rug & two Australian made leather full recliner lounges, all second hand. Having had retro furniture most of my adult life, I can’t believe how comfy these lounges are..hmm maybe I need more comfort as I’m getting older. With the new minimalist approach the house is easier to clean, it flows better & I feel a whole lot happier. My next project is to give every room a lick of paint & add new blinds. In fact I’ve got enough to do inside for the whole of winter, beauty!!

P5060158

I thought I’d share my top picks of well priced (in my favourite order) localish second hand shops..

  1. Margate train-IXL shed
  2. Stuf & Co-Newtown
  3. Wayne Devine-Moonah
  4. Trove- Cygnet
  5. Red Shed- Huonville
  6. Huonville second hand (near Roberts)
  7. The Hunt Op shop- Huntingfield
  8. Salvation Army-Newtown
  9. Gowans Auctions-On Friday’s
  10. South Hobart Tip shop
  11. Second hand shop opposite Jackman & McRoss-Main Rd, Newtown

Pictured above: Trove in Cygnet. Checkout Talan’s shop opposite the Lotus Eaters Cafe, she has a great eye for unusual pieces & the shop is small but full of fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!