My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Gyuto Monks in Tassie!!

From 18th May to June 13th the Gyuto Monks will be holding events/teachings/workshops with many in & around the Huon Valley, how amazing!! I’m planning to catch this amazing doco in Hobart although I think there’s also a showing in Huonville. I’m yet to dig out the detailed event info..but I will!!

image

MAY 17-GYUTO DOCO ‘PURE SOUND’ FILM PREVIEW PREMIERE, STATE THEATRE, HOBART.

Narrated by actress Toni Collette this TV hour long documentary is a visual feast. It offers a unique behind the scenes insight into the extraordinary lives of the Gyuto Monks in their Dharmasala monastery in Northern Indian. At its heart Pure Sound - The Gyuto Monks of Tibet is a very human story and in part an exploration of Tibetan beliefs . Our access all areas crew gathered interviews with boys studying/aspiring to become monks and several senior elders - monks who were among those to flee into exile from old Tibet in 1959.

See the Clip at.. http://www.imdb.com/video/wab/vi2524291353/

Image from: http://www.gyuto.co/index.php/news/events-for-the-gyuto-monks-of-tibet.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!