My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

de-cluttering..

My motto for 2012…don’t keep things stored or packed away for special occasions, get them out & use them or lose them!

So with that in mind, I spent today sitting on the front deck looking into a box of family ‘treasures’ that I’ve been carting around for years.

It isn’t long before nostalgia kicks in. I only wish I’d taken more notice of my Grandma’s skills in knitting & crochet. Below is her only two purses I have, but I distinctly remember her pumping out an amazing array of cool handicrafts. The Swiss watch was a bonus find and we managed to get it going, it’s pretty groovy & battery free!

P3270121

The 1975 cloth badge was from a very brief time in the Brownies, it wasn’t for me! Tucked away in the bottom of the box, I found an array of 1942 War mementos from my parents stint in the armed forces- I can’t imagine it really.P3270116The rest of the day was spent re-birthing old brooches into necklaces & working out which I can re-use. There’s going to be a lot hanging around my neck from now on, I have endless array of 60’s-70’s bling…Cool! Staring into the past is bitter sweet for me, i still miss my folks even after all these years…

2 comments:

  1. I am lucky enough to have my grandmother's bags she made too. Treasures can take you back a long ways and turn minutes into hours...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure can, complete with the odd flashback of when daily life was simple & uncomplicated..

      Delete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!