My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

fruitopia

it’s my last week of fruit preserving for the season.
we took another trip up to Cane orchards in Franklin, thanks to a longer fruit season this year, plus back in Cygnet I grabbed one last bucket of $10 cherries before they finish up. On the agenda this week is preserved peach/nectarine 1/4’s and a rich bottled cherry sauce for desserts over Winter- Lucky I’m a speedy cherry pitter, makes a juicy staining mess thou!
i was so super happy with my cherry, vanilla bean & rosewater jam. This year I perfected it by adding a lil bag of my frozen gooseberries, to boost the pectin content-gel factor, which is always an issue with cherries.
P2020065
P1310058After a short break it’ll be tomato time…oh & last count i have 95 jars of tasty preserves!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!