My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Thursday, December 29, 2011

the taste festival on Hobart’s waterfront

With gorgeous sunny weather, I’ve been hanging with friends at the Taste of Tassie, while enjoying the free performances.

PC280100

 

Wed arvo I watched the fabulous Adam Cousens band for over an hour on the main stage. Amazing, I’d definitely pay to see a gig of theirs.

PC280104

 

 

I just loved the extra spots to sit, although you had to be on it to grab a bean bag. The barrels covered in lino with truck tyre seats were cool. We’ve been wondering how to make our barrel more table friendly- Too easy!

PC280102

 

 

PC280106

 

 

 

The Cadbury ladies were handing out free choc chip cookies and fudge squares for my snak attack. Today I’ve stayed 4 hours and spent $25 including my bus fare home; you can easily hang out without spending a fortune, thanks to the free entry.

Horray too for the water fountains, by donation sunscreen and an abundance of public loos- Def no line ups here! Free secure bicycle and pram valet parking is also available on Parliament House Lawns. Hats off to Hobart for a bigger and better festival this year.

The Taste runs till Jan 3rd from 11am-11pm. Note: Free entry does not include New Years Eve from 7pm-1am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!