My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Saturday, December 24, 2011

exploring the burbs..

I am Polly dog sitting near Moonah, and having great fun checking out what’s going on in the big smoke. But perhaps my favourite part of a city stay is the walking & riding, instead of driving. For some reason I cannot reconcile all the driving you need to do, living in the country, it’s goes against my grain and really troubles me. It’s probably why I stay home so much.

PC240088

Back to my exploring..today I was totally blown away to find a new Asian cash & carry warehouse at the Island Markets, in Moonah. Open 7 days till around 5.30pm ?? and the prices were cheap for Hobart. Next on my list is seafood, for a pig out on sand crabs, squid (3kg for $10) & whole leatherjackets (2kg for $10). It’s been a long time since I’ve feasted on these favourites. I prefer to buy my fish direct off a trawler, but that’s not always possible and after careful scrutiny, I’m happy with the freshness of my choices. 

PC240097

Later while walking Polly, I have time to look at Stuf & Co in New town. OMG what a COOL shop full of retro, vintage wares, industrial quirk, salvage art, collectibles, handcrafts and much much more. There’s a present for any occasion here, I love it!!! Further down the road is a novelty Pirate shop which looks like fun, two op shops just begging for a look and finally Jackman & McRoss for some yummy bread. My $20 has gone a really long way today!!

In the next few days, I plan to start riding some of the Intercity Cycleway, and have a better look around Moonah, the city and other burbs, what fun awaits!!

2 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my Christian blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having an interesting time exploring. Stuf & Co sounds totally like my kind of place.

    ReplyDelete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!