My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

source community wholefoods..

PB040068Hunting for a bulk supply of Callington flour, has led me to this quirky co-op in Sandy Bay. Initially it’s hard to find, because it’s tucked in a backstreet near the Uni & set down from the road. The shop is set in it’s own permaculture food garden with a wood fired pizza oven, it’s small, earthy & nicely designed. Inside the volunteers meet & greet you, then a quick intro follows of ‘how to’ collate your supplies- In a hygienic manner. (hurray someone finally gets it!) Source supports local-organic suppliers, has a small comprehensive range of goods and is a not for profit shop.

Another bonus, they stock Tasmanian Quinoa at a great price. Previously I have posted about the benefits of cooking with Quinoa, not realising it’s now grown & available in Tassie, cool!! Wow what a result, it’s so much better than imported Quinoa. The ‘seed’ is smaller facilitating quicker cooking and the flavour-texture is by far superior.

Source is worth a look but take your own paper bags/basket/food containers and enjoy the chilled out atmosphere..

Location: 12 French St, Sandy Bay. 20% discount for food co-op members ($18/$25 fee per year)

Open: Tues to Thursday 12-6..Friday 12-5..Saturday 9-1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!