My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Open Mic in Cygnet..

I can’t believe we haven’t been to Open Mic yet. So with our Hong Kong girls in tow, we're off to give them a taste of live music, Cygnet style.

The special guest for tonight is SiSi, of the Sonics, playing solo on the piano & doing original Torch songs. I’ve been meaning to see them for ages but truth be told, I get a bit lazy on my peaceful bush block, going out tonight is a start.

First up is a host of really excellent local musicians, playing anything & everything. It’s not all folk with loads of original material & bucket loads of talent.. We are just loving it, plus the ciders kicking in for the girls!

image Wham! Suddenly SiSi is strutting her stuff. She’s full of life with a cool theatrical-burlesque-comedy bent, even the girls are in stitches. It’s so much fun, I’ll be catching their next gig at either Brookfield Winery Saturday November 19th or Cygnet Supper Room December 17th. Be warned, get there early, it’ll be really popular. I hear they’re also playing at the Cygnet folk festival.

Open Mic is a great night out or why not perform. Any style is welcome..Contact Paul on paul-fenton@bigpond.com to register & organise your set up. Open Mic is last Friday of every Month at Cygnet’s Top Pub @ 7.30pm.. See you there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!