My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Monday, November 14, 2011

a Margate Monday..

Feeling like a Channel fix, we head to Margate’s Dru Point. Zuki loves it here & so do we. With the seagulls flying overhead looking for scraps, Zuki is eating every morsel of flying food before they get it. This is the only time he’ll eat a chip, he hates them & I second it- I’m lovin my healthy salad!

PA170025 While in the area we stop off at the Margate Tip shop. I’m looking for a small system to contain my open seed packets, in order of what month they’re planted. Straight up I hit the jackpot, and with my old standard recipe dividers from 1985, finding new life, they’re finally neatly filed. Hmm, how satisfying.

PB140014 PB140016

 Unfortunately Margate tip shop has lost most of it’s mojo since the council reclaimed it. No longer can you wander out with an armful for $5 or $10, everything is priced like a retail shop, and some of it isn’t cheap or worth the value! Certainly the number of people & goods reflect the change, it’s almost deserted compared to how packed it was when Cerebral Palsy Tasmania ran it. And they call it progress!!!

Hopefully a tip shop will be open in Huonville soon, until then it looks like South Hobart is the best/cheapest by a country mile..Not real close thou!!

2 comments:

  1. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! You're breaking my heart here! I'll be down a week tomorrow. Hoobloodyray! what a long year! Cool news about the oven book. Man I'm stoked. 3 more days of work left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey J man..I'm just containing your seedlings, had to replant to bigger pots already..wait till u see what Mr. B's been up to..very inspiring!!! Enjoy your roadie in the ute..see you soon & congrats for finishing work..

    ReplyDelete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!