My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

J.O.D

PA150021

 

Today’s brew is Apple, fennel & ginger, to help ward off this pesky cold. I can’t remember the last time I had a cold, I’m certainly feeling a wee bit sorry for myself today!

Fennel has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, carminative, decongestant, and antispasmodic properties. I’ve read that it can help with sinus congestion, chronic coughs and flu symptoms.

My poly tunnel is still producing an abundance of Florence Fennel. (bulb) So successful, I’ll be planting again next Winter! Try growing it, there’s no wastage & the flavour of organic is nothing like shop bought. The bulbs are delicious fresh, roasted, braised, in pasta or made into soups. The tops are great for juicing or veggie stocks. The possibilities are endless.

1 comment:

  1. Never thought of using fennel before. Hope it works for you. I have also read that the apple cider vinegar unfiltered sort is good too but I haven't been sick to try it out yet.

    ReplyDelete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!