My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Hartz Mountains National Park..

Sunday we took our helpers for a wilderness experience & tried the three shortest walks in the park. It wasn’t the best day for it, with drizzling rain and poor visibility but it wasn’t windy, bonus! We definitely didn’t let a bit of cold weather hamper our picnic, which was yummo.PA300042Walking the boardwalk to Lake Osborne, below- 40 mins return.

PA300043  PA300049

Arve Falls walk- 20 mins return.

PA300055Waratah Lookout- 5 mins return. PA300059We couldn’t leave without a visit to the Huon River, there was no shortage of large logs flowing down the river and it was pretty fresh!

Hartz is a great day out, being not too far from Geeveston. You need to come prepared with sensible clothing for any weather, it might throw at you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!