My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Dog exercise areas in the Huon..

imageAfter missing yesterday’s walk due to my persistent lurgy. I am whiling away my excess time online- There’s no way I’m going outside, in this tempestuous weather.
Always on the lookout for a new spot to walk Zuki, here’s what the Huon Valley Council suggests. Now I can honestly say, I wouldn’t leave home to walk my dog in the boggy Huonville dog exercise area, the Ranelagh showgrounds also comes in a close second. There are three doggie areas, missing from this list (all with new dog appropriate signage) they are Garden Island Sands, Abels Bay & Kays Beach.

Animal exercise areas have been declared in the Huon Valley to allow owners to exercise their dogs off the leash. SIGNAGE HAS BEEN PLACED TO IDENTIFY AREAS IN QUESTION. The following sites have been declared "animal exercise areas":

Ranelagh Showground - that area west of the unmade section of Elizabeth Street to the western boundary excluding the area utilised by the Huon and Channel Kennel Club as dog show arenas.
    Franklin Foreshore - area south of the Franklin Bowls Club to the southern most toilet block.
      Council land - Heron Street, Huonville between the Huonville Scout Hall and the Huonville Swimming Pool Carpark.
        Shipwrights's Point Regatta Ground excluding the children's playground.
          Mickeys Beach, Randalls Bay
            Kent Beach Road, Dover - foreshore area from the slipway south to Knobby Point.
              Lymington Road, Cygnet - beach area immediately north of Drip Point.

                Memorial Drive, Geeveston - the Council land between the Geeveston Scout Hall and the Geeveston Tennis Club.

                Now if you aspire for interesting walks in beautifully diverse locations,  (Hobart/Channel areas) then check out the amazing Dog Walkers Tas site, you’ll be spoilt for choices. These walks, listed in localities are detailed with photos, information, walking times, directions & would make great day trips, with your favourite pooch companion!

                Food for thought, for those of us residing in The Huon Valley. Happy Dog Walking..when this weather finally clears!!

                 

                Image & relevant info from Huon valley Council’s website.

                No comments:

                Post a Comment

                Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!