My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Friday, September 16, 2011

Today..

I try to do 30mins a day, in the garden. It’s still a bit physical for me, but my system seems to be working. I’m surprised at how a little bit here & there, turns into a sorted garden! Fantastic..

P9170087 My strawberries are now transplanted, (left) it’s a bit late but I’m sure they’ll be ok in their new sunny and elevated spot- There’s about 80 planted out!

They say snakes are active in any month with a R. This theory proved spot on, we saw our first tiger snake on Sept 2nd. I’ve been told they usually keep to within 200 metres of their den, except when mating. This one hasn’t been spotted since we stumbled over it on the embankment, gave us all a shock, snake too I think. During snake season Zuki’s got to stay close, no walkies on the block for him. He’s either by our side or on the front porch- No exceptions…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!