My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Friday, September 9, 2011

CWA calendar cookbooks

circa 1960 something..

Picking out the day’s date

and cooking the listed recipe

filled me with childhood delight.

P9080071P9080073

P9080072

These four are looking a tad weary,

while stains reveal the popular dates.

Grandma’s scribbled birthday greeting

to her daughter is slowly fading,

but I treasure these like nothing else.

3 comments:

  1. Oh heavenly...Old CWA books, you lucky duck :)

    I think my mum might have one of these in her possession.

    A cherished part of history...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the "callanderised" ones before but I bet I couldn't stick to a date. It would certainly take the guess work out. It's a wonder someone hasn't done a revival modern version. "Jamie Oliver's year of Puddings"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really top idea Tanya..and possibly your mum does have one Tania, as these were a SA, CWA publication..

    ReplyDelete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!