My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

today..

..i tagged along with an interstate Farmers market stallholder, to TAS-SAFF in Glaziers Bay.

In August, you won’t see any flowers or stigma, so instead we filled our senses with saffron’s wild pungent & earthy aroma. YUM!!

image

After years of cooking with saffron, I can finally choose quality over quantity. Energetically, saffron catalyzes a very potent tonic action in the body- So it’s important to choose filaments not contaminated by heavy metals, pesticides or chemicals.  Oh the joy, to have fine grade saffron, just down the road!

Tas-Saff deservedly has a host of awards under their belt & open by appointment only.

Image from-http://www.tas-saff.com.au

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I think you could go to town on this one. I don't think enough people know about saffron growing in Tas.

    ReplyDelete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!