My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Friday, August 12, 2011

I visited..

P8070037 ..a friends farm in Franklin, to cuddle her six new-born goats. Cute lil furry kids bounced all over us, filled with curiosity. They look very dashing in their knitted jumpers, but boy they have sharp teeth!

P8110044 Last nights dinner was courtesy of Mr. B & his well treasured, possibly loved to death, cookbook- Circa 1972, by Charmaine Solomon. He pumped out a truly amazing curry. Dare I say it, his curries are much better than mine, so guess who’s making them from now on! Bet he didn’t see that coming…

2 comments:

  1. I remember that cookbook. Mum had it and when I "grew up" I bought a couple of her large soft cover recipe books in the 90s. The one I tend to still occasionally go to is her Vegetarian Express Cookbook and it spans quite a broad asian/indian influence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope it wasn't goat curry... although I LOVE goat curry :-) We have Solomon's 'The Complete Asian Cookbook' with a very similar green cover. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!