My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Friday, July 29, 2011

smarty pants..

zuki's-clan

The white rooster

from the next property

knows the sound of our car

and when we go out

we’ve caught him at it before

legging it down the back embankment

as we drive off of silver hill

today I’m home alone

what is that noise??

tap tap tap on the front deck

surprise, surprise

there’s a rooster in Zuki’s dog bowl..

2 comments:

  1. Hehehe! And who said chickens were dumb??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Bet he was surprised to see you at home. Somebody this week was remarking that they thought fowl didn't have the capacity for thoughts. I disputed this and argued that if they all have different personalities then they must have thoughts. As you have proved, they can be cunning, calculating, communicative and resourceful.

    ReplyDelete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!