My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

blackberry madness..

P6090065

Last week I scored a load of frozen blackberries. The freezer is full so I made a fruity syrup to jar. Sugar has been skipped, opting for a hint of jaggery & rosewater. Soo yummy, I’ve been using it for poaching pears, ice creams, cakes, jellies & layered in yoghurt. Made one heck of a mess thou!!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks great.
    I've always believed the sugar is the preservative.
    Will your syrup keep well?
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally would love it stirred through icecream or yoghurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll try again...
    Hi..
    Yes, sugar is certainly a preserving agent but not the only way & having heat sealed the jars they will sit on the shelf for 6 mnths, no worries. I did make quite a thick puree/syrup & yes, it's totally yummy on i/c or mixed with natural yoghurt. I don't think I'll bother with keeping a frozen supply of berries again..as this is so totally terrific & handy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!