My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

U don’t see this very often..

image

a car crusher in Geeveston

An older property on the main drag had recently sold, complete with years & years of retired car bodies- Not uncommon in the Huon!  But it was a rare sight to see such a number being recycled. There were a field of hi-vis wearing fellows, trucks, excavators & tractors dragging dozens of cars ready for the crusher. And all these theatrics took place on the main road, it was priceless!!!!

4 comments:

  1. that would have been a sight! great they recycled them... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the crushed cars! They were amazing. Wonder what's in store for the sold block ...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can answer that one! A British couple have bought the property and plan to totally restore it to it's heritage beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that JOC, how fantastic & what a great outcome, will watch with interest. I've admired that property for some time..another future BnB maybe??

    ReplyDelete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!