My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Friday, June 24, 2011

eArly 70’s T-tOwels..

..crumpled from being stored & the last of a childhood collection-I wish I hadn’t ditched the souvenir spoons thou!

I particularly love the ‘We crossed the Nullarbor’ t-towel because we crossed it alright, when it was a dirt road, while sleeping in the back of a valiant station wagon. And we did it every year, driving 24/7 until we pulled into Perth. Scared the heck outta me, especially while on compulsory Kangaroo lookout duty in the passenger seat, “Kangaroo @ 11 O’Clock!”- They breed them big over in WA. Nothing stopped us getting to our destination & looking back it was another priceless experience, courtesy of my overly adventurous Father..

P6030006 P6030004
P6030011 P6030008

P6030007

Sorry…to subject you to more of my kitsch!!

2 comments:

  1. Ah the good old Aussie souvenir tea towel.
    My Mum loved them.
    I too regret I didn't keep Mums spoons when offered.
    I saw a jug of spoons in a cafe later, and people were having great fun checking out the towns and countries. I just couldn't see the rack at my place.
    Great memories though.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. fine specimens! don't be sorry...i love them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!