My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Yesterday..

P5070235
..we said goodbye to Oa, after two weeks of outstanding help around our home & garden-If you can call it a garden! It's sad & terribly exciting to send a young traveller on their way. The night before he left, we dragged out our old Aussie road atlas & work shopped the do’s & don'ts of safe outback travel- There’s def no driving shortcut between Cairns & Darwin!

Tonight thou, I’m at Hobart College’s rendition of Pride & Prejudice. It’s my first time here watching a friend perform & I'm seriously impressed by the small ‘playhouse’. The year 12 students are putting on an excellent show- Costumes, lighting, staging & sound are really tops. For a $5 ticket, including tea & bikkies during interval, it’s a fabulous night out plus there’s a lively turnout of around 90, mainly young gorgeous people. Chicago is their next show coming soon (maybe June??) to the larger Hobart College Theatre- It promises to be bigger, better & I’ll def be there!

The only downer on my night, is our clean slate on road kill, has finally hit two, & they were native animals. Unfortunately for us, the only other car on the road tonight is tailgating us too closely, all the way home from Mt Nelson I might add. When the lil Quoll & bandicoot ran across the road, there is nothing we can do to dodge them.
What is it with bad drivers, safety & common sense don’t seem to be very common these days!!!    Oh dear, there’s my whinge for today…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!