My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Vege & garden bites.

P5210003 Mr. B has cut down a couple of old apple crates, to make additional ‘clay-Mudstone free’ raised garden beds- Native animal proof too. He’s a bit worried it looks like a funked up grave plot & vows to change it- Can’t say, that I really care!  I’ve finally planted my 2 yr old Lisbon lemon, the tin behind is for wind protection- You can’t be too careful with Lemon Trees in the Huon! For a splash of border colour, it’s Coad’s daffodils all the way round the beds. P5180268Digging around in my poly tunnel, I pull out my last cucumbers & zip them thru a fresh spicy pickle. Tomatoes are slowly finishing up, roast tomato sauce is my last lazy choice, as it’s quick & easy to bottle. My pantry & freezer are chocked full of tomatoes & derivatives- I’ll def have enough, till the next growing season.

P5210001 My basil is still going strong on the front deck, just testing it, to see how long it lasts in these cooler nights.

2 comments:

  1. that is some fabulous looking basil! i have been thinking of growing some too - its the one thing i always need that is never available at the local shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can be hard to grow down here & you have to find the warmest spot, at home. I usually plant seeds & then pop the plants outside after Xmas day- No chance of frosts after then...well sometimes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!